The real estate profession is associated with certain risks. To get a deeper insight into this, read Dc Fawcett’s article on risky situations in the real estate profession. In this article, Dc Fawcett writes a review on how to safeguard against hazards in real estate – DC Fawcett Real Estate
Tips for meeting first time clients
Sometimes first time clients may be thieves and criminals. So, you should always meet them at your office and ask them to bring their identity card. Verify the validity of the identity cards and photocopy them. Ask them to fill in forms. This is to ensure customer identification. Get their signatures on the forms. Then, introduce them to colleagues. All this should be done for safety purposes lest the customer turns out to be a fraud.
Safety tips for open houses
Open houses are dangerous since the agent has advertised about it. They may have unknown people, stalkers, thieves, criminals and other trouble makers coming inside the house. So, some safety tips for open houses include
- Don’t conduct an open house alone. Two at a time will mean less trouble making.
- Conceal cash and other valuable items also.
- When someone walks in ask for their names and also some identification proofs. People who cannot provide you with false names are less harmful.
- Trust your instincts. You will know when things are not going right.
- Inform your colleagues, relatives and friends about the open house. Even better ask them to be present during the open house. If they cannot stay through the entire thing, ask them to be present in the beginning and towards the end.
Safety tips for foreclosed homes
When you enter foreclosed homes, it is unsafe to enter alone. Enter with friends, relatives or co-workers. Don’t pick up fight with trespassers. When you see a trespasser, alert the law enforcement authorities or the police immediately. Don’t visit homes at night. It is safe to do it during the day time. Always inform your colleagues, relatives and friends where you are going, where you are, whom you are with and when you will come back.
Provocative or shock marketing
Some realtors use this to target clients. With this, they can use advertisements which violate normal standards to attract their clients. But this is not really necessary in real estate and it is generally used while marketing for casinos, contraceptives, wine, undergarments, Aids and so on. But when realtors do this, they become a target themselves. So, safety tips for these include
- Don’t use shock marketing
- You have to be extra cautious while using provocative marketing since criminals go through such agent’s profiles and hack their bank lockers, accounts and other personal information. They may also target valuables and other items such as furniture, properties in the realtor’s house and cash.
This is a review written by Dc Fawcett on tips for safeguarding against risks in the real estate profession. All sellers, buyers, agents and others related to the real estate profession must read this.